On this episode of the Business Over Beer podcast, we welcome the very inspirational Keith Sconiers to the program. Keith is the President of several businesses, including Northwest Advisory Group, Catalyst Training and Development and PaySuite.
In each of his businesses, the mission is very clear: help small business owners and entrepreneurs be successful. As a young man, it was entrepreneurs that helped him and his father get by. Now, Keith is working to be that for others, paying it forward in his community with his experience, his time, and his expertise.
In this episode:
- Keith was on a troubled path and could have easily given into to his surroundings and circumstances.
- It was Keith's high school basketball coach that first cast a vision for his future, giving him something to work toward through basketball.
- Rooted in the belief that if he doesn't quit, and doesn't give into to challenges and the negative self talk, that he can become the kind of person that was there for him when he was growing up and become that kind of person for someone else.
- You can't avoid bad things from happening, but when you persevere and overcome those obstacles, it fuels a belief in yourself and your future success.
- You don't need someone else to tell you what the right thing to do is, you have the power within you to do the right thing no matter how difficult the situation you're in.
- When faced with an obstacle, trust your experience, think of times when you've been through something similar, and instead of focusing on the bad stuff or being a victim, embrace the positive attributes that show up in the middle of tragedy.
- The only way to find value in the painful experiences you've had in life is if you actually do something with them. Otherwise, it's just tragedy that you just have to sit with.
Xicha Brewing - West Salem, OR
Chela, Mexican Style Lager, 5.3% ABV, 18 IBU
Technically, it’s a light lager brewed with flaked corn. The industry calls it a Mexican Lager. But we call it a Chela. It’s an every occasion beer; from hanging with your homies to just coming home from work. Nothing complicated. Nothing fancy. This is a beer for the people. Cerveza para la gente. ¡Salud!
Pale Especial, Mango Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV, 44 IBU
A copper colored pale ale brewed with mango heartily hopped to hold its own against the sweeter mango addition. A fine balance of malt, hop, and fruit.